Quay Street Holiday Road Closures
Holiday Road Closures
27 December 2018 to 6 January 2019
From 27 December 2018 to 6 January 2019 there will be road closures and detours in place which will change the way you get to, or drive through Quay Street.
If you are travelling to Quay Street to work, to shop or visit the Museum, access will be maintained:
- To local businesses and hotels.
- For customers and residents.
- To Princes and Queens Wharves and Viaduct Harbour.
- For service and delivery vehicles.
When visiting the Musuem, we recommend using The Downtown Carpark, which will be accessible via Customs St West.
Museum visitors can purchase half price car parking vouchers (either half or full day) from our ticketing desk. Simply use the discounted voucher at the pay station inside the carpark to validate your ticket when you return to your car. There is mobility parking in Downtown Car Park. An overhead walkway connects this car park to the pedestrian area outside the Museum.
The Eastern Viaduct carpark in front of the Museum is now permanently closed.
For more information on Quay Street changes visit the Downtown Project website.
- Residents of the Auckland region can visit the Maritime Museum galleries for free if they provide proof of address on arrival
- Children: 5-14 years old (4 years and under are free)
- Family Pass = 2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children
Our staff are passionate about making the Museum accessible for all people.
Click here for further information