Name/TitleKelvin model K3 diesel engine from MV SETTLER
Brief DescriptionThe engine was imported by Leo Walsh from the Bergius-Kelvin Company, Scotland in 1938 during the next 55 years was installed in various vessels around Auckland. The engine was installed on the MV SETTLER in 1968 by one of her former owners. The engine powered MV SETTLER (ex IRANUI) until the stranding of the vessel at Tairua, Coromandel at Christmas 1992. The engine was removed from vessel by Eric Burden in 1993 and transported to Greenhithe for rebuilding.
Date MadeMid 20th century
Medium and Materialssteel
Measurements1820mm x 1500mm x 1040mm (LHW)
Credit LineGifted by David James Mays Mason
Copyright LicenceAll rights reserved