Exhibitions, events, kids’ activities and more - see what’s coming up.
Knot Touch: School Holiday Programme
Monday October 02 - Friday October 13
10am - 3pm daily
Celebrate maritime tradition with knot making workshops, interactive performances with museum characters and explore the new 'touch friendly' exhibition Knot Touch.
Often in galleries and museums touching art and objects is off-limits to visitors. In this exhibition the restriction is lifted. Using netting, rope and a range of maritime knots, artist Jae Kang has created a spatial installation for the Maritime Museum that provides a tactile experience to stimulate the imagination and invite interaction. The exhibition is designed to engage a range of visitors including young, older and those with disabilities.
The Great Knot Hunt - $5
Explore the galleries on a treasure hunt for maritime knots with one of the museum's unique characters!
Craft Workshop - $5
- Mini monkey keychains (older kids, 7-12)
- Knot pendant ketchains (younger kids, 4-6)
Add a sailing on Ted Ashby from $12
- Residents of the Auckland region can visit the Maritime Museum galleries for free if they provide proof of address on arrival
- Children: 5-14 years old (4 years and under are free)
- Family Pass = 2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children