Exhibitions, events, kids’ activities and more - see what’s coming up.
July School Holiday Programme: The Journey of a Million Miles - Following Steps
Monday 10 July – Friday 21 July
Our July school holiday programme is inspired by our current exhibition The Journey of a Million Miles. The exhibition explores the journeys made by migrants to New Zealand and focusing on inspiring real-life experiences.
The programme runs from 10-3pm daily and includes Character Storytelling including music, make and take crafts and an interactive gallery trail. Visitors can choose to do all three activities or pick and mix!
Interactive Character Storytelling - $5
Watch our cast of special characters tell their immigration stories.
Make and Take – fabric travel wallets $5
Make a fun travel wallet using fabrics inspired by our current exhibition, . Our friendly hosts will help you in our brand new Centre of Learning.
Two trails – $3
Take a Trip looks at the experiences of travelling to a new place and the things people bring with them
Blue Water Black Magic Family Trail explores New Zealand’s modern sailing hero’s and the design of the winning America’s Cup yacht Black Magic
- Half-price parking in the Downtown carpark
- Close to public transport
- Residents of the Auckland region can visit the Maritime Museum galleries for free if they provide proof of address on arrival
- Children: 5-14 years old (4 years and under are free)
- Family Pass = 2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children